Sunday, September 15, 2013

Love Does

Remember two days ago when I made a list of 25 books I want to read over the next year?
Well, I may need to up the number of books I'm going to read. 

Let me first start by saying that I had a wonderful birthday. A couple people commented on my Facebook saying, "I hope Aaron spoils you" to which I say, he always does.
He spoils me everyday, and I'm not exaggerating. I mean, he makes me breakfast and coffee almost everyday. Now, I have to wake up at 6am to eat said breakfast, but he still does it.
On my birthday it was no different. He works until 5:30pm-6pm on regular days, but took off early on the 12th. We dressed up nice and fancy, and drove to BARNES AND NOBLE. If you want to make me happy, take me to a bookstore. No joke.

I picked out a book from my list, and purchased it with some birthday money. More on that in a minute. After B&N, we went to my traditional birthday restaurant... The Melting Pot! Dipping bread in cheese? Dipping brownies in melted chocolate and peanut butter? That is my kind of place.

The day was perfect. The night was perfect. And I love being 25. 

Back to the book, do you know how many people have recommended that I read Love Does? Directly, I think 6. Through blogs and twitter and other indirect ways, more than a dozen. So I bought it. I don't want to say I judge books by their covers, but in the spirit of being honest, I do. And this books cover had me.
Isn't it so nice?

I cracked the cover at 3pm on Friday afternoon. I read and read and read. I took it to Aaron's office at the school and read while he directed drumline. Drums don't bother me. I was too into it. 
On Saturday night,  I curled up in our over-sized chair with my Great Grandma Ellen afghan, lit a new pumpkin apple candle and read Love Does until I finished it.

At the risk of sounding completely cliche, Love Does made me laugh and cry. Out loud. Each chapter is its own story, all tying together to make the main point: Love Does. It's a book that you can read through quickly because you don't want to stop, but then go back and reread chapters as you need to. 

I will loan you my copy if you really need, but please go buy your own copy. Here's why: all the proceeds, and I mean ALL, go to charity. You will read about it in the book, but it is work the 16 dollars. Also, like I said, you'll want to be able to go back and reread bits and pieces. You will not regret it.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read it. Love that you did all the work on this list and now I know what books I ought to read this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I am going to have to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete