Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Frameworthy.

While scanning through Anthropologie's website, I found this gem.

And she really is a gem. $698 dollars worth. Yeah right, I won't spend $698 on anything. Especially not something I can make for under $10.

So I went to Goodwill and Value Village in search of frames. [Sidenote: the one at Anthropologie is HUGE. Like 4 feet tall and 4 or 5 feet wide. I'm guessing so don't quote me on that. :)]I found these four right away. One dollar each. Okay!! The pictures were a little tricky to get out. I swear between the three, there were at least 70 staples. I am now a professional staple remover. :)

Anyway, I also have one of those thick square wooden mirrors from Ikea that will be added to the collage. And my favorite part, I am making some frames with wood from old pallets. Ahh. So excited. Obviously this is just the before picture. They are now in my garage, each with a beautiful layer of paint. I'm so excited for the after pictures. The colors will just have to be a surprise. :)

Lastly I found this really weird frame that I love. It kind of looks like bone, or hair. Or both. But its getting painted as well, and it looks so nice now! Once they are all done, they will be posted. Don't worry!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see after pictures. I can't believe the Anthropologie frame is so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They already look SO GOOD with only one coat of paint. I am loving them. I can't wait to post them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, i may have to copy one day. :) or like in five years since i don't get on projects very fast! ;)

    ReplyDelete