Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Newlywed Life: Day Two

I've been joking a lot recently about the fact that I'm a stay at home wife. But that is only to keep myself from being upset about not working. For the past six years, I have been working multiple jobs. And for the past year and a half, I've also been a full-time student. You can imagine how weird it felt when the non-profit I worked for dissolved itself.

It would be wonderful if I didn't need to work and could just focus on school. But that is not our reality. So while I've been looking for a new job, our house has been pretty much perfect. I have all this extra time, so our floors get swept daily. And the bed gets made every morning. And there is never any laundry out. AND I've decorated for fall. I'm not sure how that's all going to go when I'm working again... :)

I'm also trying to make things as easy for Aaron at home as possible. Obviously cleaning, because I love to do it and I hate messes... but also with organizing, meal planning, grocery shopping and other random things that just have to get done. He works beyond hard. Even when I am working, so I like having the extra time to make things easier for him.

We've also both picked up some odd jobs in the meantime. I nanny for a family friend once a week, and pick up any other babysitting jobs that are offered as often as I can. Aaron refs soccer on the weekends, and we spend most all of our time at home doing things that don't cost money.

God has completely provided everything we need in this last month of my stay-at-home-wife-life. I am eagerly awaiting what He has planned for me next, and know His timing on a job will be better than what I can do for myself. Until then... I have to go switch over the laundry! ;)
 

2 comments:

  1. Stay at home wife!! Love it. Sorry to hear about the nonprofit. That's a bummer. But staying at home and hanging out there for free is so good for your marriage. It encourages communication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay at home wife: that's my kind of living:)
    I'm sure your next job will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete