Saturday, July 3, 2010

Paging summer...

Come in summer. Where are you?

Yes it is 62 degrees here in Washington.
Yes tomorrow is the 4th of July.
[My favorite holiday, bbq's, hot weather, friends, family, fireworks, late night... I am a night person. Its my favorite.]

And its 62 degrees. Where is the sun?
Where's the warmth?

I mean, yeah western Washington isn't known for extremely hot summers, but I know we usually break into the 70's. Especially in July. Right?

Anyway, I'm over it. Maybe we'll have a super nice August and September. :)

On a completely different note... I am about to start my first restoration project! Yay!

I have been searching for the perfect dresser. I have a picture of it in my mind, but its hard to explain. Anyway I have been searching craigslist, garage sales and thrift stores with no success. Until yesterday.

My brother moved into a house, and the previous owner left my dream dresser! It is perfect. The exact picture in my head. And you know what Jarvis said? Have it!

So not only did I find the perfect dresser, but its free. Score!

The process begins this week. I will definitely post pictures.

:)

3 comments:

  1. Ah!!! Can't wait for pictures! What's your plan with it?

    (And I'm sending some summer your way, but I'm not sure if it will be there by tomorrow.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking sanding it down and painting it white, and putting glass knobs on it instead of the weird ones it has. Do you remember the doorknob on my closet? Like that... I will take pictures for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't forget before picture too. Glass doorknobs ROCK!! can't wait either! There is PLENTY of Summer here. I can't go outside without my skin burning!

    ReplyDelete