Tuesday, March 30, 2010

come back from california...


Its a song.

But really, I am heading home to the great Pacific Northwest in the morning. I have enjoyed my trip to sunny southern California oh-so-much, but I am ready to be home and back in the swing of things. Bring on the rain, Washington!

Two things to think about. Both are hard for me, so it will be a good reminder. :)

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Matthew 6:34

"Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lo
rd's will, w
e will live and do this or that." As it is, you boast and brag." -James 4:13-16

Don't worry about tomorrow, and don't boast about tomorrow.

Wow. Two things I am very bad at.

I love thinking and planning and dreaming and anticipating things coming up. I know some things have to be planned in advance, like big trips and purchases and weddings. But by focusing solely on how great those things a
re GOING be, I am missing out on wha
t God is doing in my life right now.

And when I worry that something won't work out, that I won't be able to buy food or clothes or pay bills or get a job, I am showing no faith in a God who feeds the birds and clothes the grass of the fields! I am putting myself on the throne of my life, and really, where will that get me? "Who of you by worrying can add a single HOUR to your life?" -Matthew 6:22 Nope. I can't even add a measly hour to my life by worrying.

Be all (t)here. Said by two pretty famous people. First, by Jim Elliot. In the quote at the top of my page. Second, by David Isbell whenever I am/was texting in his presence.

So I am trying to 'be all there' in every situation I'm in. Instead of chattering about how excited I am for an upcoming event that may or may not even happen, or worrying about money or a new pair of shoes, I am going to focus on my life right NOW.

And maybe this is just rambling to anyone but me. If anyone even reads this, ha. But its good to write/type some thoughts out!


No comments:

Post a Comment