Friday, August 30, 2013

A note from Lummi Island

I'm not a selfie kind of person. Except apparently I am. At midnight. Alone in a tiny cabin on the beach. I took about 17 pictures of myself before I realized how exhausted I was and crashed. 

I was mostly excited about my new sleeping bag and headlamp. I've never had my very own sleeping bag. My brother and I had matching ones as kids, so I never knew which was actually "mine". Then I borrowed them from 18-24 because what 18-24 year old WANTS to go spend 100+ on a sleeping bag. Not me. I had coffee to buy. But because we love camping and because my husband is so great, we bought a beautiful green Marmot sleeping bag for me! Is it okay to name your sleeping bag? Because mine needs a name. I love it that much.

And my headlamp? It is perfect for the short but dark walk from our cabin to the bathrooms. And for reading. And for looking like a nerd. But I love it.

So this is how my Labor day weekends are spent now. Lounging around Camp Lummi with family, blogging, playing Puppyopoly and Yahtzee and Catan, hiking, drinking copious amounts of coffee, picking blackberries, cooking and not doing my hair.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of trip. I am so in love with all things camping. but being i'm still in that 18-24 stage I have coffee to buy and braces. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... you'll get a sleeping bag soon then! ;)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I have a headlamp too and love it, we use it for the short dark walk to feed our horses at night!

    ReplyDelete