Monday, July 29, 2013

Adventures in preaching, Seattle and DIY haircuts

This weekend flew past me. It was spent packing and cleaning and running. We originally planned on heading to Spokane on Sunday afternoon, after Aaron preached at church. But, in a lovely turn of events, Uncle Mark was not able to go to the Sounders game. And we were. 

As I first said, Sunday morning Aaron preached at Abundant Life. (You can listen here). His message was titled "Redefining Giving" and I am so proud of him. I love the way that God speaks through Aaron. And not just to me, but to students and friends and sometimes even our whole church family. Anyway, listen and be challenged!
After church we spend the afternoon adventuring in Seattle. As I posted on instagram, I am trying to get better at taking pictures of us. Because I usually don't think about it. 

We went to Pike Place Market, a few really cool shops downtown, P.F. Chang's and coffee all before the game. We realized we hadn't been to Seattle together since before we actually started dating! LAME! ;) We had so much fun though. 

The game itself was good because we won. It wasn't a pretty win. But a win is always nice. (Fun fact: I've actually never been to Sounders game without them winning. No draws, no losses. I like it.)
Like two young, crazy adults... we decided to drive straight through the night to Spokane after the game. To clear any confusion, we left Orting at 12:45AM, and pulled into Spokane at 5:45AM. It was fun. We were delirious. We chased after wildfires. Aaron did not believe me when I said we had already passed Ritzville. Bottom line: I like making memories with him, even if they involve staying up all night playing copilot. :)

Now here we are, in Spokane, relaxing at home with the family. 

Sidenote: I've spent most of our relationship convincing Aaron that I can cut his hair. It may or may not have started with me seeing a post on Young House Love about DIY haircuts. Anyway, he promised that in the summer (this summer!) I could try. That way if I messed it up or cut his ear or something crazy, he had time to heal/grow back his hair. So today was the day. I rewatched the DIY video, I grabbed some scissors and BAM! Perfect haircut. So good in fact that Jake also let me cut his hair. (Not pictured, but also good.)

So handsome! :)


I promise my next post will have wedding photos. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are always so adorable, Meag. I always love reading your blog :)

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete