Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Life in the PNW

And just like that, September is over. It flew by. Gone are the sunny, cool days and the newness of school. Now begins the gloomy, rainy, muddy weather for the next 7-8 months. Boots, scarves, jackets, hats, hot coffee, baking while it's raining out, pumpkin everything... I am overflowing with joy for these months.

Reflecting on the last few weeks, I am amazed at how good God is. I've been learning 2 Corinthians 12:9 first hand...

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

I have very few moments to myself, and they are usually spent sleeping. Otherwise I am working at Fox Hollow, making coffee for all the lovely faces of Orting. Or watching Ashton and playing with trucks and books and trains. Or doing endless homework and studying for Psychology and Apologetics. Or working at the high school, doing office work and talking to students and wishing it were my real job right now. Or running Maschhoff children somewhere... gymnastics, karate, school, Fox Hollow. :) I love all of these things, but there is absolutely no way I could do all of this on my own.

A couple of weeks ago, we had a worship night at Fox Hollow. It was the last time Mary, Sarah and I all worked together... bittersweet. :) I am so thankful for them in my life! We all went to high school together, each a year apart. I probably wouldn't have been close with them if it weren't for Fox Hollow, but now I can't imagine life without them! [Super cheesy, I know.] I used to think Mary was shy, but I know different now. She is honestly one of the funniest people I know. And Sarah is just plain wonderful. I will miss working with both of them, but I'm not worried about not seeing them. We all love crafting too much to stay apart. ;)

Speaking of crafting and September, I have been dying to have Scrabble magnets. I think they are the coolest thing ever. Well... Mary and Sarah made me a set for my birthday! I was so surprised and so happy! I went to Ikea with Gram like I do every year for my birthday, and I bought a white magnetic board for the letters. The verse I have up on it in the picture is Psalm 27:14. :)

Lastly, a picture of my sweet hometown. Pam makes fun of me because I am always in awe of Mt. Rainier. It is so beautiful! This picture is like a perfect fall day. Cloudy and cool but the mountain is peeking out! I love it!


3 comments:

  1. I love it, even though I got a little tired just reading about all of your jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I miss you. Next time I'm in town we have to schedule a coffee date! Second, I don't know how you do all of those jobs. My only conclusion is you are Wonder Woman. Third, I really want to make Scrabble magnets now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics and the sentiments & think scrabble magnets are really cool! First time to ever see them!

    ReplyDelete