Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall Nights

At first, I thought I would be so bummed when the new football stadium was built.
What? No muddy field? EVERYONE will be able to sit down? The seats are covered? Where will all the middle schoolers walk around? I don't know about this...

It didn't take long to change my mind. In fact, I loved the new stadium from the very first game I went to last fall. I took this picture on Friday at Orting's game against White River. Is this not the most beautiful view? To the west, an orange-y pink sunset. To the east, Mt. Rainier set in a purple sky. When I hear the Orting fight song, this is the view that comes to mind. I love it!

I think the thing I love most about the new stadium, and the old stadium, is that the entire town is at the football game. I was talking with my friend Jessica, who I also happen to nanny for, about this. If you want to be a part of the community, you have to be at the games. Its where you meet everyone from Orting. Not that there are THAT many people to meet ;)

Being a YoungLife leader makes the games even more fun. We have kids on the field, in the band, on cheer and dance, and just hanging out watching the game. Never a dull moment. I love our tiny town.

No comments:

Post a Comment